Hi, I took a short video showing what happens in darktable: enter link description here
here what I see
- I have jpeg and raw files straight from the camera. I open in windows or linuxs viewers and they look good, properly exposed and everything. I have a Nikon Z6.
- I open darktable, I import the folder with the files. As thumbnails and they look good.
- I open the jpeg in the darkroom and it is still ok. But when I open the raw file it gets dark, much darker. Nothing change by changing the base curve. I tried to select nikon, nikon like, neutral, as you see no change.
I tried this:
- removed the pictures, deleted the xmp files.
- In darktable's settings > processing > "auto apply pixel workflow default" now set to display-referred; then checked "auto apply per camera basecurv presets" and "auto apply sharpen."
- reimported the pictures, but the problem is still the same.
These raw files are almost ready to go, they only need some slight retouch, but starting so much off the original requires way too much unecessary work, and it's weird that they are so dark.
Thanks for helping!